Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hates


I hate the way you
put your hands on my
face and mash my cheeks
together. I’m 18, I
may be short, but I
require respect.

When you walk behind
me and step on my
shoes. I hate that too.
I actually love my shoes.

Remember that time you
undid my bra? That pissed
me off. Thanks to that I’m
paranoid about the people
behind me.

I hate it when you
talk about me like I’m
a “thing.” I’m a living person
with real feelings.

I especially hated it when
you kept touching my boobs.
Thanks to you, my future
boyfriends will wonder why
I don’t react to their touch.

I hate it when you say that
you could beat me in a fight.
Don’t judge based off of
height and intelligence. I have
true strength; I know not to
go throwing my weight around.

Shakespeare once said
that, “the pen is mightier
than the sword.”
So, here I am showing
my true strength.

No punches or blood
shown. Just pure guts.
Here I am, not crying;
or yelling. Just simply
writing.

I question myself why
I have forgiven you.
You should be counting
your lucky stars, I
rarely give second chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment